DO YOU HAVE A SUCCESS STORY?
You may qualify to participate in an interview for a research study aimed at understanding the experience African Americans have with reintegrating into the community, and what has helped them positively transform their lives. Participation is voluntary and confidential. If you would like to participate you have the flexibility of interviewing in-person, by phone, or by video call.
Compensation will be provided for your participation.
• Are you an African American male or female over 18 years old?
• Do you live in Virginia?
• Have you been incarcerated one or more times in Virginia between 2006 and 2016?
• Were you over the age of 18 years old at the time of your release?
• Have you experienced at least 1 year of successfully transitioning back into the community?
If you answered YES to these questions, you are eligible to participate in this research study interview.
Type of Participation: Interview - in-person, by phone, or by video call at your convenience.
Benefits of Participation:
• Your experience can help improve and expand Virginia's criminal justice programs and services to fit the needs of African Americans who are transitioning back into the community.
• Reentry program administrators can provide better inclusive and effective support services.
• Your experience can help other individuals who will soon be released in Virginia.
• Sharing your experience with someone who is interested in what you have experienced can feel liberating, insightful, and healing.
Compensation: $20 Walmart Gift Card at the end of the interview. Participants who interview by phone or video can choose to receive a gift card by mail or email (e-gift card).
I, LaDawn Jones, will be conducting this study for my Walden Doctoral Dissertation. This study is in no way connected with any re-entry program or community program.
I appreciate your consideration to participate in this study. A consent form and document outlining potential interview questions will be sent to you electronically or by mail for your review before an interview can be conducted. The entire interview process will take between 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete. Interviews usually finished faster depending on your responses.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience to clarify the details and schedule an interview. My telephone number is show contact info
. You can also email me at show contact info
. I look forward to hearing from you.
Doctoral Candidate at Walden University
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers